Sunday, February 17, 2013

At the Movies: A Good Day to Die Hard


Movie: A Good Day to Die Hard
Stars: Bruce Willis, Jai Courtney, Sebastian Koch, Yuliya Snigir, Radivoje Bukvic
My Rating: 3/5

What I liked~


The unstoppable tank-truck and how McClane stopped it. The mother of all tank trucks is after his son, and John goes after it...in a mini truck. When that get's destroyed, he goes after it AGAIN...in a Jeep. And he still wins. LOL. Seriously!

Jack/Jai's eyes. I'm a sucker for pretty boys with pretty eyes. Sue me.

A quirky villain (Bukvic). He doesn't want the unstoppable tank-truck to go faster, he wants it to fly! ...And fly it does.

What I wished they'd done~

Less stiff dialogue. I mean, it's an action movie. I don't expect lines and lines of beautiful prose, but come on. You killed the chemistry with that dialogue. What could've been an awesome John and Jack McClane 'vacation time' in Russia, came off as two actors trying and failing to play father and son. On that same note, the jokes could have use a facelift as well.

What I loved~

The sheer amount of car destruction in the first 10-15 minutes, which both made me want to weep and laugh maniacally, and the big ass military choppers bringing on the rain ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment