Sunday, March 17, 2013

At the Movies: Oz the Great and Powerful


Movie: Oz the Great and Powerful  
Stars: James Franco, Mila Kunis, Rachel Weisz, Michelle Williams
My Rating: 4/5

What I liked~

The opening sequence was black & white, very carnivalesque and quirky. It sets the tone for the movie and it's entertaining.

The presentation to the world of Oz. The super saturated colors totally worked in bringing this world alive. It was such an awesome scene with the flowers blooming, birds and butterflies flying, reeds sounding like piano keys, and the bamboo reeds whistling. Really well done, and then this little guy appears...

Yep. That's the land of Oz, cuddly looking but with sharp teeth, beautiful and dangerous. Very mischievous those water faeries.

Franco as the Great Womanizer Oz. Kunis as the Scorned Wicked Witch. Weisz as the Ultimate Evil Witch. Williams as the Good but way Cunning Witch. All the actors did a great job.

What I wished they'd done~

Make Glinda's crown real because OMG! I cringed when I saw it the first time...then I cringed some more when they showed it in a close up. Each and every time the damn crown was on scene, I cringed. Visibly shivered by the fakeness of it all. Would it have killed them to use a non-plastic one? I mean, seriously.

Let the Munchkins dance some more! lol

What I loved~

The little china girl. She's breakable but man she's got attitude ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment